I'm getting a little nervous about Nate coming to live with us. He's supposed to get out of Mommy's belly the Monday after next. I've told Mommy I don't want him to cry, but she keeps telling me that's what babies do and that we can try to make him happy by feeding him, changing his diaper, and singing to him. I guess I'll break out my ABCs.
Mommy and Daddy have been taking turns staging sit-ins at the dinner table this week. I've decided I only want milk, pineapple, and a scant amount of goldfish. It's more or less a liquid diet, which I've heard is a good thing if you want to purge toxins or lose weight: two things I seriously need to do. These sit-ins have resulted in my eating some pretty yummy stuff like Mexican pizza (that's what I call quesadillas), shrimp casserole, and lots of tasty veggies. I've tried lots to get out of eating: singing my ABCs, asking Daddy to play baseball with me, and coming up with excuses for not eating. Tonight I brought my A-game since Daddy was still at work and I thought Mommy might give in easily. I was wrong. I asked Mommy to talk to me about the different letters on my placemat and told her my hiney hurt when I sat at the table; that baseball players do not eat to be strong and fast, they drink water; and - I really thought this would work - that I wanted to go to timeout instead of eating green beans. Mommy let me go to timeout, but she still made me eat three green beans and three bites of shrimp casserole that I ended up liking. Then we played baseball outside and filled up my red birdfeeder.
No comments:
Post a Comment