Thursday, July 2, 2009

Catching Up




If you talk to Mommy more than once a month, you probably heard her complaining loudly about not having internet access. Right before we left to go to Wimberley, there was a big storm in Dallas that did some crazy, pretty minor stuff to our house. Mommy did not cope well with not having internet access for two weeks.

Anyway, during that disconnected time, we went to Wimberley, where I had a great time with my cousins, Mimi and Dandy, and some aunts and uncles. Kate rode with us since her Mommy, Daddy, and William couldn't come. We had a great time speaking our own language in the backseat. My favorite thing about Wimberley was playing with Ian, but I also liked floating in the two-inch river; checking out fish, snakes, turtles, deer, and an armadillo head; and my close encounter with the rare Texas river hippo (this one was wearing plaid). When I got home, I gave Daddy his birthday gifts. Happy Birthday, Daddy! I made the one in the picture.

The weekend after we got back, Nanna and Pawpaw came to visit and I had a great time playing in the backyard and showing them how skillfully I can throw myself onto my red chair, roll off, and bonk my head really loudly on the floor. Apparently it makes other people uncomfortable, but I love it!
Last weekend I went to a Rangers game with Daddy. I loved eating popcorn and seeing fireworks after homeruns. And it was fun to get some guy time with Daddy.

This week I stayed with Mimi and Dandy for two nights and got to swim in their pool. I told Mommy about a whale and splashing and jumping. If it weren't for all my cool friends and their mommies who've let me and Mommy mooch on their pool memberships, I might not be as excited about swimming as I am. And I need to thank Josh for having an ice cream party and John for loaning the bounce house that was there for helping get over my fear of bouncy things. I love them, and I'm pretending I'm in one when I bounce off my red chair.

Mommy's been getting lots of help getting Nate's room ready for him. Nanna bought him some stuff for his bed so he doesn't have to use my hand-me-downs, and Mimi's been helping Mommy sew curtains for the doorless closet. Next Mommy's going to try to sew some covers for the glider that is currently fugly.

Daddy's been working hard getting the house ready too. And he's been making Mommy feel special by quoting the boy hippo Moto Moto from Madagascar 2: "Girl, you round. You plumpy."

3 comments:

Amy Pawlak said...

HAHAHAHAHA! This post made me laugh! Glad you guys are doing well. Is the house still up for sale?

Rodriguez Pix said...

That last line made me laught outloud! Gotta love Travis and his sense of humor!!! Oh, and you look adorable in your bathing suit at the river!

The Q. Family said...

You crack me up!!! You look great! I can't believe Baby N will be here soon! I miss you friend!!