

I keep telling Mommy I'm going to teach Nate how to play baseball, and that it will make him happy to play baseball, basketball, and football with me. I've been practicing my swing with my "red Astros bat"; I can hit the ball off the tee and occassionally hit a pitched ball. When it's my turn to pitch, I lift my knee about three times before I throw the ball. I've told Mommy, "I'm a pretty good batter." Who says I'm not humble?
When I can't play outside, I like to get a pair of socks and play baseball with Daddy in the den. We throw the "ball" and use our arms as bats. I call it sock baseball. Pretty clever, huh?
Mommy's been doing lots of stuff to get Nate's room ready for him. He'll be here in two weeks and five days! It seems so soon! Anyway, she's pretty excited about the slipcover she made for one of the cushions on the glider. She didn't know what she was doing, but it doesn't look totally bad. Probably nobody will ever notice she had to put a patch on it. Today she's going to take care of the other two cushions.
I started Summer Fun Monday, and I was a little nervous to go to a new room, see new teachers, and see only a few faces I recognized. But I got over it and had a great time. I told Mommy I played in mud, which was obvious from my pants, but that I got my shoes cleaned. She's not sure what that means.
And P.S. Daddy took exception to my last post. Apparently he hasn't told Mommy she's plumpy, only that she's round. He says he's only talking about her belly.
1 comment:
Katie- did you sign up for sunshine meals? If not- I want to bring you a meal some night after Nate gets here- what day is good? Anything you don't like to eat?
Post a Comment