

Lately I've been experimenting with some alternate identities. I tell Mommy and Daddy, "I'm not Luke, I'm Giraffe." Or Snake, or Alligator, or Diego. Then I only answer to that name. In the pictures above, I'm Giraffe; Mommy and Daddy recognize that I'm stretching my neck long like a giraffe, even though it kind of looks like I'm hunching my shoulders. In one I'm "smiling." Mommy's beginning to wonder when I'm going to lose the painful-looking fake, photo smile. Shout outs to John G. for helping me add to my necklace collection; I want to wear both everywhere.
After school, I used to always talk about the boys, but lately it's been all about the girls. I tell Mommy about holding hands with Abby and rocking out with Molly. When Daddy asks what I did at school, I always say "Johns, Joshua, Molly." That's clear enough.
Mommy wants me to list some fun things I've been saying so she can remember them when she gets around to writing things down:
- I'm getting busy. (I say this when I'm spinning in a circle - possibly getting dizzy.)
- I'm rocking out. (I learned this at school.)
- He/she/it's taking a sleep. (Horse has been taking lots of sleeps lately. I go check on him when he cries. Sometimes he wants milk.)
- Mommy, we have to find the baby. (Said while staring at Mommy's belly.)
- Mommy, where's my little doggie? (Sad. Mommy's so lame for letting Buster stay at the farm.)
Abandoning things seems to be one of Mommy's things lately. After leaving Buster with Granny and Pops, she gave up on pull-ups. I just wasn't into using the potty and told Mommy I like my diaper better. She checked out some books from the library and is going to learn how to help me love the potty. I have been preferring "standing" diaper changes lately, so maybe the big day is just around the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment