Monday, September 1, 2008

Breaking News: Gustav Inspires Toddlers to Eat Lettuce


I get this great magazine called Animal Baby. In this month's issue, there was a picture of some deer-looking animal eating leaves from a tree. Mommy and I read it three times in a row this afternoon. Tonight at dinner I noticed Daddy was eating a leaf. I said, "Daddy eat leaf." Mommy asked me if I wanted a leaf, and I said yes. Then I ate about six leaves. I heard Mommy and Daddy calling something lettuce, but I don't know what they were talking about.

For some reason, this was a big deal. Mommy took a bunch of pictures. You'll notice my winning "smile" is on display again.


And another thing, if you love me you'll buy one of the two not-so-great books Mommy has edited recently. She gets paid royalties, and she's not thinking either one is going to be a best seller. So suck it up and buy a book you never plan on reading, or at least give Mommy a dime.

And another another thing, have you noticed that all the news is revolving around Gustav? I just saw on ESPN that they're going to tell me how Gustav is affecting college football. Are you kidding?

1 comment:

The Q. Family said...

what are the names of the books I need to buy?? :) Love the leaves!