Sunday, August 31, 2008

Posing and Reading and Eating, Oh My


Even though I'm glad Gustav isn't supposed to hit Orange, I'm a little sad Granny, Pops, Nana, and Pawpaw won't be coming to stay with us. Mommy told me when Rita hit, they all four stayed at my house, along with their seven cats and dogs - that's why the carpet looks a little funny at the door to my room. I really wanted to play with all 11 of them. But I'm happy they don't have to evacuate for now.

Today was a big day for me on the dietary scale. I decided it was OK to eat some broccoli cheese rice with my green beans, and I asked for bacon. It's, like, the healthiest protein out there. Mommy told me she really hopes I decide to like food, because she really loves to cook.

Speaking of Mommy, I asked her to take this picture of me. She was being a goober and taking pictures of a woodpecker on the tree outside her bathroom window. I think I'm a better subject than a woodpecker. And isn't my "smile" great?


Next week I start school again. Mommy's signed on to teach a class both days I'm there, but she's only supposed to do it for two months. She says she already feels behind on her other work and is going to start reminding the director soon that's she's just a long-term substitute. I'm excited about playing with my buddies again and getting some free time away from Mommy.

1 comment:

The Q. Family said...

I love your blog!!! You crack me up! It's definitely bookmarked so I can read it on a regular basis! :)