Thursday, April 9, 2009

Outdoor Fun




Last weekend we went to Orange to visit Nanna and Pawpaw. Uncle Stephen and Kate were there, too, and I had a great time with everyone. Saturday we visited a place called Shangri La, which is a nature reserve/botanical garden Orange. I didn't do the boat ride through the bayou to see the thousand-year-old cypress tree, but I did check out lots of plants, look at birds through a spotting scope (just like Diego!), and see turtles and snakes. If you're ever in SE Texas, check this place out. It's uber-eco-friendly and has some really neat stuff. If you know your hurricane history, you know how sad it is that Rita knocked down more than 75% of the trees down there, then Ike came in and washed a few more away. The ecosystem has changed a lot. We didn't see any alligators, but we saw lots of heron and some fresh bobcat poop.

No comments: