
Lots of animal stuff has been going on lately. Yesterday I went to the zoo with John, John, and Josh, and I had a great time. I loved seeing the giraffes. Mommy got a shot of the back of Josh, me, and John G., but she didn't get any of all four of us. We're looking at the giraffe sign. My second-favorite animals were the rhinos. And I liked the baby monkey and the older monkey who put on a show for us.
Today Mommy and I went to Brumley Gardens to buy a plant. I got to see some baby birds living in one of the really pretty bird houses the nursery sells (I don't think this one is for sale at the moment). I watched the mommy bird feed the baby birds worms while my mommy dug around for the right plant. It was great.
Sadly, my kitty Owen is in heaven now. He's had cancer for a while, and last week it just starting getting the best of him. Mommy, Daddy, and I miss him, and Mommy's cried a few times. I asked Mommy if we could go get Owen in heaven, and we can't. Maggie seems to miss having him around too; she's been meowing more and wanting more attention. Last night she did a silly thing and tried to jump into Mommy and Daddy's shower, only the glass door was closed. Pretty funny stuff.
Today Mommy and I went to Brumley Gardens to buy a plant. I got to see some baby birds living in one of the really pretty bird houses the nursery sells (I don't think this one is for sale at the moment). I watched the mommy bird feed the baby birds worms while my mommy dug around for the right plant. It was great.
Sadly, my kitty Owen is in heaven now. He's had cancer for a while, and last week it just starting getting the best of him. Mommy, Daddy, and I miss him, and Mommy's cried a few times. I asked Mommy if we could go get Owen in heaven, and we can't. Maggie seems to miss having him around too; she's been meowing more and wanting more attention. Last night she did a silly thing and tried to jump into Mommy and Daddy's shower, only the glass door was closed. Pretty funny stuff.
Kissing Owen in March 2008.
On a happier note, today I took a nap for the first time since last Wednesday. I don't think I need them, but Mommy is adamant that I should try really hard to take one every day.
Oh, and we've got a for sale sign in our yard. Mommy says we have to keep the house extra neat and clean while it's out there.
And Mommy saw my little brother again today. He's looking great and probably weighs around 2 pounds. The perinatologist told Mommy she's boring, and that's a good thing. Yay!
3 comments:
Sorry about your kitty, Luke. I'm sure you must be bummed. Animal best friends are the best. Hang in there!
I'm so sorry to hear about Owen. I know it's a tough one.
xo- John M. and his mom
I'm so sad about Owen! {{{hugs}}} They really become a part of your family. :( Congrats on selling the house- that's so exciting!!!
Post a Comment