Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Independence

Apparently Mommy needs me to need her. Right now I'm at Granny and Pops's place, and today I told Mommy I wanted to stay instead of coming home. She's driving down here tomorrow to pick me up, and she's really hoping I'll be glad to see her. I've talked to her on the phone a few times, which she loves, because she's never had a phone convo with me; she's always with me while I talk to someone else. Every time I've told her about fishing in the boat, paddling in the boat, riding in the Rhino, and playing with Buster. Today I told her I loved her, just to make her feel better about not wanting to come home, not asking where she is, and not crying when she handed me over.

Granny's told her I'm being brand-specific and demanding Juicy Juice, not that junk with Sesame Street characters on it. I've never had Juicy Juice at home.

While I've been gone, Mommy and Daddy have gone to a party at Josh's house, seen a movie together, and eaten out more than once - in four days. But I know they miss me hard. They've also tried unsuccessfully to name my little brother, who's doing lots of kicking and dancing in Mommy's belly.

No comments: