Thursday, February 11, 2010

Safety First



Full disclosure: Mommy's got lots of work to be doing, but she doesn't want to strain her brain right now. Pictures must be posted.

First off, I did not intend for my last post to be depressing. I'm just keepin' it real. I'm feeling better now, and my cough is mostly gone. In fact, I felt well enough to play in snow for a few minutes this morning while Nate napped. I threw snowballs at Mommy and her camera.

On to safety. Mommy sometimes wonders if she's raising a clone of Daddy. Last night I got a late gift from Santa that Granny contributed to (or to which Granny contributed, for you stuffier types) (Santa felt like he shortchanged me; Granny was reimbursing Santa for a gift she bought me that I flatly refused [ask Mommy if Daddy's ever done that for a gift she's bought him - she'll tell you he has]).

This gift was a completely amazing scooter that some of my friends have and I really wanted. I was so excited to get it! But as everyone knows, safety is important. I told Mommy, "I can't ride it without my helmet and the things for my feet." I was talking, of course, about my McQueen helmet and kneepads.


Mommy knows she's never discussed this sort of safety with me. Did I learn it at school? From TV? Or is it, as Mommy suspects, a product of my genetic makeup? An innate unwillingness to put myself in peril or take risks? Mommy wants everyone, especially Daddy, to know this is a trait of mine she's proud of, but she cannot take credit. She lives on the edge (relatively speaking), and scoffs at helmets (for herself, not for me).


Once all safety equipment was properly affixed to my person, I started zooming and have only stopped to put on my mask, eat, and sleep. And to go outside and play this morning. Mommy's been trying to convince me I don't need the kneepads, but to no avail.

We did head to the doctor's office again yesterday, but not for me. Natester's got double ear infections. Mommy thinks she might be developing a case of forced hermititis.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hope you feel better, Nate!