


Man, the holidays can get hectic, you know? I was so busy helping Mommy bake cookies, wrap presents, and try to clean enough socks and undies to take with us to Orange, I forgot to keep you, my loyal readers, up to date.

I had a fantastic Christmas. I had so much fun playing with all my family and got some "rad" gifts. Nobody knows where I learned that word, but I like it. Even though I missed the white Christmas in Dallas, I wouldn't have traded all the fun I got to have in Orange. Somehow, all four of us, our luggage and gifts, and Aunt Beffer and her luggage and gifts fit in our car for the long ride down there. Once we were there, we headed to Nana and Pawpaw's for Christmas Eve and ate some yummy gumbo with oysters in it. I think everyone but Pawpaw picked their oysters out and just ate shrimp. Late that night we headed back to Granny and Pops's house to get everything ready for Santa.


During the night, I heard some noises I'm sure were Santa and his reindeer, but I did NOT hear jingle bells. In the morning, sure enough, there were gifts for me and Nate near the fireplace, and the cookies and milk I left for Santa were gone. I got some pretty good gifts, but more on that later. Then I opened gifts from Mommy, Daddy, Nate, and Granny and Pops. On Christmas day, Granny cooked tons of food and had her side of the family over. I played with Mommy's cousin Paris, went fishing, and opened some more great gifts.
The day after Christmas, Granny did even more cooking for Pops's side of the family. I was pretty worn out and took a four-hour nap in the middle of the party, but Nate had a good time scooting around in my old walker and blowing bubbles at the family. After I woke up from my uber-nap, I opened more great gifts.

On New Year's day, we headed to Mimi and Dandy's and played with my cousins. Since this was the only party with other kids, I was too busy being silly to really eat much of the food Mimi had made. And then we opened some great gifts.

So, after five Christmases, I learned a valuable lesson: grandparents give cooler gifts than Santa. I mean, I like my zebra and robot and fireman suit, but the fire truck I got from Nana and Pawpaw, the construction truck I got from Granny and Pops, and the Lego zoo I got from Mimi and Dandy are awesome.
I hope your holidays were as great as mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment